Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Whisky down your throat

whiskey down your throat
A Poem by Sarah McKeever Hitt

Sometimes what a girl wants a girl gets....
I want to be the knot in your stomach
I want to be the first drag of your cigarette
I want to be the needle tearing your flesh
I want to be hot coals under your feet
I want to be the hand you can't walk away from
I want to be a stiff drink in a dirty bar
I want to be your first dream of the night
I want to be the fire in your desert
I want to be the thunder in your storm
I want to be the tracks up your arms
I want to be the whiskey down your throat
I want to be the girl that you regret
I want to be the one you hide from your friends
I want to be the one you can't get enough of
I want to be your addiction.


© 2008 Sarah McKeever Hitt

No comments:

Post a Comment